Career counseling, Capacity development and skills enhancement
The Institute has a very well organized placement and training cell. All the students of final year are prepared for campus interviews through special programs on technical and soft skills, which would help them get prestigious jobs. It was a comprehensive training conducted for 1 month by our partner Focus academy for career Enhancement (FACE).
Other initiative for career counselling includes:
- To prepare the students for Aptitude test of different companies, we conduct aptitude test by FNAT, which in turn help them to scale well in aptitude and coding assessment by different companies.
- Courseera courses were taken up by the students of batch 2017-21 on resume writing skill, group discussion and aptitude preparation.
- Initiated Collaboration with Vodafone Intelligent services (VOIS)for University engagement program. Till date they provided training in the area of data analytics for more than 60 hours to our students from final year to 1st year.
- Career guidance session for Indian defence services was conducted in the year 2019
- Digital marketing is booming new field where engineer can explore their analytical skills. From last three years we are conducting an awareness session for the final year students with the help of Gomo Group Company.
- Interaction with some Alumni to train the students for specific job roles and understanding the company culture.
- Hackathon by Bajaj Finserv group [HealthRx]. Two students won prize worth Rs. 5o,ooo in 2020 and five students ranked 2nd in year 2021.
- Two-week e-Learning Training Program by Conart Engineering Ltd for civil students in April 2021.
Career Guidance Session by Indian Defence Services
Session on Digital Marketing by GOMO group
Capacity development and skill enhancement
In capacity development and skill enhancement scheme the following activities are conducted:
- Soft skills
- Language and communication skills
- Life Skills (yoga, physical fitness, health & hygiene)
- Awareness of Trends in Technology
These activities are organized throughout the year.The brief description of the activities is given below:
1. Soft skills:
Every year two activities are conducted to enhance the different soft skills like personal
interview, personality development, team building activity etc.
First activity is the mock GD and PI sessions organized by Placement cell of SIT for all the final year students who are eligible for placement.
Points Covered in Mock GD and PI:
- Physical Appearance
- Do’s and don’ts of GD and PI
- Mock GD round
- Mock PI round of 15 mins with each student
The second activity is Communication Skills lab sessions which is conducted for First year students of SIT wherein sessions on Soft Skills are also conducted. Points Covered:
- Introduction to soft Skills
- Hard skills vs soft Skills
- Negotiation skills
- Team building
- Time management
- Personality development
- Telephone etiquettes
- Interview skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Intercultural communication and etiquettes
2. Language and communication skills
Different activities were conducted to enhance the language and communication skills of the
First activity is weekly classes and lab sessions on communication skills conducted for all the first year students, in which different skills like resume writing, paragraph writing, business letters, presentation skills etc. are covered
Second is the weekly classes on Liberal Arts (German/ French) conducted for second year students. Students can choose one language of their choice out of German and French, in which students learn alphabets, phonetics, pronunciation, common vocabulary, short informal salutations, basic grammatical sentence structures etc. are covered
3. Life Skills (yoga, physical fitness, health & hygiene)
In order to spread awareness about healthy lifestyle, yoga session is arranged. The students learn yoga and its health benefits. In order to spread awareness regarding road safety and rules regarding driving, the Department of Civil Engineering, SIT organizes a road safety week. The students learn the importance of obeying traffic rules. To improve the physical fineness Zumba sessions are also conducted . It also promotes feelings of well-being and leaves you invigorated and energized.
4. Awareness of Trends in Technology
In order to make the students aware of the latest trends and technology every department conducts guest lectures in each semester. An industry expert is invited for the conduct of guest lectures. They provide fresh approach to the topics, signify the relevance of the subject/topic from an industry perspective. The students are introduced to the current trends in the market.