Sports And Gymnasium
Symbiosis lays a great emphasis on sports and games considering the fact that ‘A sound mind resides in a sound body.
Sports Facilities :
State of the art, sports infrastructure has been created on the campus which includes the following
- A gymnasium at Hill Base campus with modern equipment including computerized treadmills and other exercises.
- A similar gymnasium at the Hill Top Campus.
- Facilities for indoor games like table tennis, badminton, squash on the Hill top Campus. Facilities for table tennis, squash and other indoor games are available on the Hill Base Campus also.
- Swimming pool on the Hill Top Campus.
- A state of the art Cricket ground with flood lights on the Hill Top Campus.
- A vast multipurpose ground for Cricket and Foot ball on the Hill Base campus.
- Basket Ball Court on the Hill Top Campus.
- Lawn Tennis Courts are coming up on the Hill Base Campus.
Sports Activities :
Sports activities at Symbiosis are very well organized under the leadership of Dr.Ashish Phulkar, Deputy Director sports. There is a sports council at the University level which includes one faculty member and some students from each Symbiosis Institute. A sports calendar is made in the beginning of the year which includes the following.
- Inter Institute tournament in various outdoor and Indoor sports and games.
- Formation of University teams for Inter University tournaments and participation in this tournament.
One institute is given responsibility of hosting competitions in one or more sports. In addition to all above marathons and run for freedom are organized at the level of Symbiosis International University. At Symbiosis Institute of Technology, interclass tournament called Protathlitis is also organized in which students participate whole heartedly. To encourage sports, sports scholarships are given for achievements.