Colonel (Dr) Anand Pandey -
Professor and Head, Mechanical Engineering Department
The Department of Mechanical Engineering aims to produce quality professionals in Mechanical Engineering to compete globally and excel by carrying out basic and applied research in emerging areas by forging strong industry-institute interaction. The Department offers undergraduate programme in Mechanical Engineering with an intake of 120 and post-graduate program with intake of 18 leading to M. Tech in Computer Aided Design and Manufacture. The department has very competent faculty to teach CAD CAM, FEM, Manufacturing Technology, CFD, and Operations Management. The faculty is actively engaged in research and publications. The Department has well equipped workshop and laboratories to include state of the art CNC machine and robot supported by latest software like CATIA V5, CATIA V6, Pro-E, AutoCAD, ANSYS and MATLAB. Students are offered six months internship in various renowned industries to give hands on practical experience and exposure to latest trends.
- Syllabus structure(Batch: 2019-2023)
- Syllabus structure(Batch: 2018-2022)
- Syllabus structure(Batch: 2017-2021)
- Syllabus structure(Batch: 2016-2020)
- Syllabus structure(Batch: 2015-2019)
- Syllabus structure(Batch: 2014-2018)
- Syllabus structure(Batch: 2013-2017)
- Syllabus structure(Batch: 2012-2016)
- Syllabus structure(Batch: 2011-2015)
- Syllabus structure(Batch: 2010-2014)
Detroit visit of HOD Dr. Anand Pandey
Workshop on 3D Printing by Mr. Atul Yadav, CEO Heramb MakerLab on 16th October, 2019
Industrial Visit to ARAI (Automotive Research Association of India), Pune on 12th October, 2019
Mechatronics mini project on 23rd October 2019 (Ultrasonic Sensor based Radar Detection System)
Mr. Prahlad Nagpal from Forbes Marshall delivered a guest lecture to Mechanical Engineering students on 28th August, 2019 on ‘Role of Supply Chain in Manufacturing and Services’
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
- PSO 1: Create socially relevant systems: Create creative, innovative and socially relevant systems which are using knowledge and application of mechanical engineering components
- PSO 2: Cutting edge areas: Acquaint with the contemporary trends in industry and use knowledge of advance tools and techniques for research and development in cutting edge areas