Keeping in view the all-round development of students, various clubs like music and dance club, photography club, fine arts society, innovation and creativity cell, green cell etc. have been started. The students of SIT actively organize and participate in various activities of these clubs and societies. Mechanical Engineering Students Association (MESA) is very active in promoting technical and literary skills of the students. The club V@rSITy-care of SIT is committed to spreading social awareness and community service amongst the students. The literary society at SIT was developed in order to make students more familiar and buff up their skills in literature, oratory, debates and writing.
Students, with due guidance from faculties, manage various Students’ Departmental Societies like Civil Engineering Society of Symbiosis (CESS), Mechanical Engineering Students Association(MESA), Google Club (Computer Science and Information Technology- Departmental Technical Society) and IEEE Student Chapter (Electronics and Telecommunication Department). A multitude of activities/events are organized under these Students’ Departmental Societies.
Student Experience:“From getting over the stage fear of standing in front of a huge audience to taking meetings including interactive sessions with my fellow mates and juniors, i have learned and experienced a lot and am still going through the whole process of figuring out how to understand and tackle every obstacle falling ahead of me. Being a techfest head of one of the best departments in the college (that is MESA of course) has opened up the gates to many opportunities where i think i can set my mark on as I believe the journey of being associated with MESA right from the start has provided me an extra edge over others. I would strongly recommend students who would be joining SIT and also my juniors to become a part of MESA as it helps you in developing as an all rounder."
(Proud MESA member)
Civil Engineering Society of Symbiosis [CESS] represents current students as well as faculty as its members within the Civil Engineering Department at SIT. Civil Engineering Society of Symbiosis [CESS] was formed on 11/01/2012. OBJECTIVE
Civil Engineering society of Symbiosis [CESS] was formed with key objectives as
- To showcase and sharpen student's talents through a variety of events and activities planned throughout the year.
- To develop insight for responsible attitudes, skill sets, values, team work while establishing quality consciousness and demand driven, self-relevant centre of excellence.
- To showcase their potential and help those to face the real time challenges related to the profession.
- To give our students practical insight into civil engineering by organizing field or industrial visits throughout the year thus giving them a chance to interact with key personnel of the industry and augment their classroom learning.
- Apart from the technical aspects, it also undertakes the responsibility of proper nurturing of students by organizing some social and awareness events as a part of
3) Google Club:-
Google has taken the initiative of creating student clubs in various colleges as part of the Google Student Ambassador (GSA) program Symbiosis Institute of Technology, is one of the chosen few. Initiated as part of the Google Student Ambassador program, it is a club in which there’s something for everyone. It is part technical, part social in nature.
A. The Google club aims to:
- Address the information requirements of students and campus with the help of Internet and Google products
- Empower the students and other stakeholders with the skills required to use the Internet effectively with the latest web tools
- Foster entrepreneurship among the students and the faculty
- Work on creative ideas that have an impact in the short-term and long-term scenario
- Promote interest and participation among students in the latest areas of Computer Science and Information Technology
Activities conducted under the Club:
- Buddy Workshops on Android Apps
- Buddy Workshop on Data structures and algorithms
- Buddy workshops for Python
- Ignite event
- Android Workshop
4)EPIC:- The Entrepreneurship Promotion and Innovation Cell [EPIC] is an active student body at Symbiosis Institute of Technology, formed with the intention of promoting entrepreneurial spirit and culture for innovation among the students. It conducts various events to expose the students to the world of entrepreneurship and to inculcate in them the spirit for innovation and creativity. EPCI aims at creating an environment in the campus wherein the students prefer to think beyond the routine campus jobs and enthusiastically come forward to embrace the journey of entrepreneurship. It also aspires to motivate students to believe in themselves and their creative instincts. EPIC intends to support the students to come up with innovative and creative solutions for the problems faced by society / industry.
Being a part of the ecell of the college was not just an opportunity but a path finder.The activities we conducted,the networking sessions we had,the ideas we churned out through innumerous brainstorming session has not only led to recognition of the ecell and the college at a national level but self improvement and realization.EPIC made me do a SWOT analysis of myself to sum it up.
The journey ever since I joined the club was extremely excruciating at the start but rewarding in the end.In the journey as it should be,all the three my- college,my ecell and me have been distinguished separately and collectively,various times. I say “Multiple opportunities lie in front of you, but to be an opportunist or not is a choice you make! "
-Bishal Gupta (SYCS)
5) Varsity care:
The social awareness club- V@rSITy-carewas inaugurated in 2014 to provide a platform to the students who want to use what they learn in the classroom to help the society directly. Through the activities conducted by the club we strive to inculcate empathy, compassion and a sense of social responsibility in these young budding engineers.
The activities undertaken by the club so far are:
- Interaction with the children of orphanage and providing them guidance towards their career goals (orphanage visits).
- Spreading awareness about-us-the-institute conserving the natural resources (Earth hour and Earth day).
- Teaching about-us-the-institute hygiene and other necessary and general topics to the students of Zila Parishad Prathmik Vidyalaya.
- Teaching spoken English and use of smart phones to security guards.
- Spreading awareness about-us-the-institute various issues of societal relevance via competitions and campaigns and drives
- Organizing cleanliness (Swatchh Bharat Abhiyan) and blood donation drives.
- Working for public and animal welfare