Ph.D. Programme Overview
The Ph.D. programme is being administered through the Symbiosis Centre for Research and Innovation (SCRI).
Dr. Ketan Kotecha
Dean, Faculty of Engineering
Research being an integral part of any higher education system, Symbiosis International (Deemed University) (SIU) is well known in promoting research in all its constituents, centres and departments. Ph.D. program in engineering is started in 2010-11 in Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT) under the umbrella of Faculty of Engineering (FOE), Symbiosis International (Deemed University). About 187 research scholars are pursuing their research studies with more than 123 research supervisors.
Our structured Ph.D. program not only provides flexibility to become a discipline-specific subject expert but also encourages innovation in carrying out research work of multi-disciplinary nature. This approach catalyses the most promising discoveries and innovative solutions to real-world problems.
SIT has motivated, intellectual manpower among its faculty who conducts research as an integral part of their responsibilities. This environment empowers teachers to incorporate and distribute the knowledge and to create new knowledge. SIU has enabled a new scheme for the professional working under different funded projects in the Institute, simultaneously work for their Ph.D. degree also.
The faculty are encouraged to publish their findings in reputed journals and present papers at conferences. Support is given to participate in national and international conferences and thereby network with experts from India and abroad.
SIT not only promote the research in core engineering disciplines but encourages interdisciplinary research that enables to handle the real-life problems. All the infrastructural facilities, library, online database of journals of high repute are made available to the researchers.
Highlights of the PhD. Programme -
- Availability of advanced tools for research and innovation
- Fellowship for eligible candidates
- Dedicated research labs
- Experienced domain experts as research supervisors
- State-of-art infrastructure
- Opportunity to work on sponsored research projects
- Opportunities to patent or present your research at international conferences
- Research paper publication in reputed top-indexed high-impact research journals
- International and Industry Co-Supervisors
- Interdisciplinary research opportunities in the disciplines of:
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Robotics and Automation
- Applied Sciences
- Availability of part-time and full-time research positions
- Opportunity to avail professional membership in technical societies
To apply visit https://scri.siu.edu.in/
For any queries related to the Ph.D. program at SIT,
you may contact Dr. Satish Kumar, Ph.D. Incharge (firstname.lastname@example.org)