Policy: Industry Institute Interaction Cell (IIIC)
It is necessary to give students & faculty an insight into the practical aspects of theory taught in the institute. The institute, right from its inception, has ensured industrial participation in curriculum development, guest lectures by experts from Industry, student trainings and internships. In addition to these, several industrial visits are also arranged for students in order to give them an exposure on the practical solutions and industrial environment.
The Industry Institute Interaction Cell (IIIC) at Symbiosis Institute of Technology aims to get associated with Industry to develop strategies for creating a future talent pool compatible to the industry.
The objective of the IIIC is to reduce the gap between the Institute and Industry and to offer real time exposure on recent technologies to the students and faculty members. Along with that, this cell also aims to join hands with Industry to find the solutions of theoretical problems faced by the industry and assure symbiotic relationships for the benefit of both Institute and Industry.
- Dr. Ketan Kotecha, Chairman
- Dr. Mrinal Bachute, Head Industry Connect
- Dr. Shilpa Gite, Member Industry Connect
- Dr. Ravi Shekhar, Member Industry Connect
- Prof. Humera Khanum, Member Industry Connect
- Prof. Shripad Deshpande, Member Industry Connect
- Dr. Sonali Tidke, Member Industry Connect
- Dr. Hemant C, Member Industry Connect
Functions of IIIC:
- To give industrial exposure to students and faculty members enabling them to tune with the industrial culture.
- To provide real practical knowledge and self-confidence to become an entrepreneur.
- Encourage industry experts to address the student community about industry trends and opportunities through guest lectures, projects, and hands-on workshops etc.
- To facilitate the departments in organizing workshops, conferences and symposia with joint participation of the industries
- To provide Support for internship and placements
- Consultancy Projects and Industry sponsored research work
- Plan for an advisory board meeting once in the beginning of the semester.
Role of advisory board
- To share their views and ideas for enhancing the Industry-Institute relationship.
- To help in developing strong relations with Industry
- To make the platform available in the institute for the industry personnel for discussion on the current technology trends and needs of the industry
The constitution of advisory board is
- Director SIT - Chairperson
- Industry members – 5 Members
- Heads of the departments – Members
- Industry connect team - Members
- Head Industry connect - Member secretory
The following activities are to be undertaken to promote the Institute-Industry Interaction for our institute.
- Arrange Guest lectures, Industry talks on advance and latest technology trends.
- Promote One Faculty- One Industry connect.
- Invite Industry executives and practicing engineers for possible collaboration in research and development of existing laboratories.
- Participation of experts from industries in curriculum development.
- To organize industrial visits for faculty members and students.
- Plan at least one visit per semester per faculty by following steps given in flow chart. (Annexure 1)
- Each faculty visiting Industry should fill the format and submit the report. (Annexure 2)
- Faculty visiting the Industry initially must present SIT, Department and Industry related action plan(attachment).
- To encourage faculty members to use their expertise in solving the problems faced by the industries, thus creating opportunity for consultancy.
- To depute faculty members in industries for a short period.
- To organize in-plant training/internships for the students.
- To assist the Departments in establishing rapport with industries for taking up mini projects and UG/PG projects/ dissertation work under joint guidance of the faculty and experts from industry.
- Invite Industry experts / Industry Alumni for the evaluation of B.Tech / M.Tech projects and Internship seminars.
- To coordinate/ identify industrial partners for proposing ‘Centre for Excellence’
- To strengthen the relations with Industry Alumni.
- To support the Training and Placement Cell.
- Memorandum of Understanding between the institute and industries to bring the two sides emotionally and strategically closer for Institutional development.
- Establish R&D Laboratories sponsored by industries.
- Identification of several government schemes and avenues to involve industry experts.
- Keep one day free in time table for faculty to visit industry.
- Departmental progress presentation by industry in-charge in each month.
- Departmental progress presentation by HOD in each semester.
- Invite Industry to co-teach some part of the course.
- Explore opportunities to start few labs under CSR activities like ARAI, DRDO etc.