Solar Photovoltaic based system to power one desktop computer
Service Learning by conducting Solar Photovoltaic Energy related activities
Academic Year 2017-18, E&TC Students- Third Year, Batch 2015-19, Semester VI, Symbiosis Institute of Technology, Symbiosis International (Deemed University), Lavale Hill-base Campus, Pune 412115.
- The purpose of Service Learning (SL) course is involving students [Inter Disciplinary Course (Credits 4/Total Marks 100)] of Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT) in social and community activities.
- Symbiosis Service Learning Centre helped to connect campus and community resources to create diverse learning experience for students to serve the needs of the community.
- As part of SL, encouragement from E&TC HoD (Dr Neela R.), guidance from E&TC faculty (Dr Paresh Nasikkar and Prof Ms Ankita Wanchoo) and support from staff (Mr Sandeep Borate, Mr Atul More and Ms Yogita Patil), students have studied, sized and installed solar photovoltaic (PV) energy based stand-alone system (photos on page 2) to power an educational desktop computer at Zilla Parishad School in Mulshi Taluka, Pune.
- Create awareness about clean, green and non-conventional energy source particularly Solar PV Energy.
- Exposure to develop preliminary skills such as working in team, time management and outdoor social responsibilities.