- Participation in National/ International Level Events
ASCE Student Chapter, SIT’s Team Concrete Canoe “Varuna” participated in the International Concrete Canoe Competition 2023 organized by American Society of Civil Engineers at Texas, USA in Online mode.
- Happy to announce Ms. Mansi Asati, 2020-24 Batch, and President of CESS, begged first prize at Paper presentation competition organized at ASCE india Student Symposium.
- Samyak Rai and Mansi Asati won 1st prize in Project Presentation at PROTECH competition, organized by SIT in April 2023.
- Samyak Rai and Mansi Asati won 3rd prize in the event of pitch hunt at the 23rd National Level Civil Engineering symposium organized by MIT, WPU.
- Ms. Pradnya Desai, Junior Research Scholar won Best Paper award at IEEE Conference at AISSMS.
- Team TTC Anchorage won 1st Prize of 31000/- at National Level competition organized by Indian Concrete Institute.
- Mr. Ashish Ranjan, 2018-22 batch, Civil Engineering, won the Bank of Baroda Best All Rounder Award at Institute Level on the day of Convocation.
- All the passing out students of batch 2018-22 were greeted and felicitated at the department on the day of convocation.
- Mr. Vinayak Bidave (2020-24) secured first place in badminton during TECHNIKALA by NICMAR in March 2023.
- Mr. Vinayak Bidave (2020-24) also secured first position in Inter Institute Badminton championship at SIU.
- Mr. Saketh Bhartipudi, 2019-23 batch, Civil Engineering, won Inter-Institute Table Tennis Championship at SIU.
- Proudly share that Mr. Raj Waswand Student Batch 2018-22 ha represented india and a bagged a SILVER MEDAL at the Asian KICKBOXING Championship 2022 in Bangkok.
Wonderful display of Girl power of Civil Department.
Our students' teams comprising Muskaan, Ishika (1st postition) and Deima, Diksha (2nd position) of TTC Anchorage, Civil Department, Batch 2019-23 grabbed 1st and 2nd position at National level Intercollegiate paper presentation competition.
Congratulations to the WINNERS.
- Congratulations Mr. Atharva Ganegaonkar for receiving admits from the University of Texas at Austin, Purdue University, Georgia Tech and Texas A&M University to pursue Master's in Civil Engineering with a specialization in Construction Engineering and Project Management.
Atharva has chosen Texas A&M University over the others as it has superior world ranking, better coursework, strong alumni network, and the opportunity to conduct research with Construction Industry Institute (CII) headquartered at UT Austin.
- Team of Rukhsar Malik, Mr. Ankit Yadav and Mr. Roshan Maripally of 2017-21 Batch, Civil Engineering, SIT, won 2nd Prize in the Poster Presentation competition at International Civil Engineering Symposium, AAKAAR 2021, organized by IIT Bombay.
They presented B. TECH Project work carried out under the guidance of Prof. Rushikesh Kulkarni!
- Alumni of Batch 2015-19, Civil Engineering Department, Mr. Piyush Wani has secured admission for M.S. - Construction Engineering and Management at Texas A & M University, USA and has bagged the prestigious "Zachry Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering Excellence Fellowship".
- Civil Engineering students are motivated to carry out research of high standard. It is evident from the publications arising from B. Tech Project research works. Following are a few recent Students’ research papers based on B. Tech Projects published in reputed journals indexed in reputed databases including Web of Science as well as Scopus.
- Commendable performance at MAPATHON, IIT B, Civil Students in top 3%!
Students of Civil Department did a wonderful presentation of skills at the MAPATHON competition held at IIT Bombay.
Out of total 9500 student participants, we proudly announce that our students were among the top 3% and received appreciation certificates.
- Civil Engineering Student, Mr. Aman Khandelwal (Batch 2017-21) shares his experience of interning at IIT Delhi for 6 months
Gaining work experience during your undergraduate is the most valuable experience one can get as it boost your personality and gives you a new perspective for the practical situations that you are going to face after graduation. Education pays off, and continuous mentorship at Civil Department at SIT helps the student to explore their domain without fear.
I have completed my six months internship program at the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi and now I have been working with IIT Delhi on my final year thesis on the topic “Urban Flood Modelling” under UKRI GCRF Water Security Hub-London. When I see myself as a professional, I have evolved a lot in the past year. This journey taught me that when we believe in ourselves and when our goal is to succeed with hard work, maybe results can be a bit late, but it will not disappoint us. IIT Delhi treated me like one of them being in a core team, joining the stakeholders meet, handling the GIS lab, having the meetings with core management, or being part of Virtual Hub Assembly, I never felt that I joined there as an Intern and my inputs were never gone in vain. There has been some tough time due to COVID-19 as it was difficult to conduct work in the premises, but with a great team, it becomes easy to face the trouble. Over this experience, I learned a lot that how to go from an idea to a vision and how learning is endless, but we must find the right path to go. My Internship at IIT Delhi, helped me to choose my right research interest in which I want to pursue my masters and work in the time coming ahead.
I thank Symbiosis Institute of Technology for allowing us to have the exposure in the outer real world for an entire semester because this duration is a lot to carve us for industry exposure and real-life problems.
- Team of Civil Engineering Students of Batch 2017-21 are all set to present their paper at IIT Bombay organized “International Civil Engineering Symposium 2021” as their paper based on B. Tech project gets accepted for presentation